First Nations make enormous contributions to Yukon based on their history in the territory. Revitalizing, maintaining and celebrating First Nations knowledge, language and culture are core to a modern Yukon.
A Yukon Liberal government will:
- establish National Aboriginal Day as a Yukon statutory holiday;
- support Yukon First Nations in establishing and administering archives of traditional knowledge;
- market First Nations arts and culture initiatives in partnership with Yukon First Nations;
- incorporate First Nations’ culture into the Standing Orders, customs, and practices of the Legislature;
- in consultation with First Nations and First Nation Heritage Centres, establish an Indigenous Fine Arts Program, and
- work with linguistic experts and First Nations to develop, preserve and enhance traditional knowledge, First Nation languages, and First Nation culture.