We need to invest in our people, our businesses and all of our industries to diversify our economy. A Yukon Liberal government will make new and innovative investments in mining, tourism, manufacturing, agriculture and information technology to create good jobs. We need to expand investment opportunities and build local capacity in new and existing businesses and services.
A Yukon Liberal government will:
- strengthen entrepreneurial opportunities for Yukon First Nation development corporations;
- support manufacturing and product development in Yukon by finding opportunities for stronger export trade and investment accords with our neighbouring jurisdictions;
- establish an Independent Task Force on Economic Enhancement and Environmental Sustainability;
- expand the mandate of the Yukon Development Corporation beyond energy and establish a $10 million economic infrastructure investment fund through YDC to advance economic diversification and innovation, and
- expand Invest Yukon to reflect the importance of all sectors in our economy.