The knowledge economy encompasses the innovation, IT and science sectors; sectors that will build communities and strengthen the economic base of the Yukon.
A Yukon Liberal government will:
- develop an innovation plan;
pursue opportunities for advancing scientific research in Yukon such as:establish an Open Data Repository;
- establishing a Yukon Research Fund;
- reviewing the Yukon Scientists and Explorers Act, and
- creating additional Yukon Research Chair(s) at Yukon College;
- pursue federal funding for energy research;
- establish a 5-Year funding plan for technology innovation projects;
- enhance connectivity and bandwidth for all Yukon communities, and
- accelerate the completion of the fibre optic redundancy project.