Self-government agreements are instruments for collaborative nation building, environmental protection, sustainable economic growth, and most importantly, reconciliation. If they are implemented in keeping with their spirit and intent, they are beneficial to all Yukon.
A Yukon Liberal Government will:
- work with First Nations to repeal Bill S-6 (amendments to YESAA);
- respect the Land Use Planning process established in the Agreements by accepting the final report of the original Peel Watershed Planning Commission;
- support respective First Nations who have commenced Administration of Justice negotiations pursuant to their Self-Government Agreements;
- assist respective First Nations in establishing land registries, and
- work actively to uphold and promote the spirit and intent of the Agreements and identify and resolve roadblocks.
Do you like this post?