Paolo Gallina is a long-time Yukoner who lives in Porter Creek Centre with his wife, Sarah, their four young daughters and his father.
Paolo is a tireless advocate for his constituents and has been involved in many projects, including:
- the completion of Whistle Bend Place,
- the design and planning of the new Whistle Bend School,
- increased road safety measures along 12th avenue in Porter Creek with driver feedback signs and added lights along pedestrian crosswalks; and,
- working with the City of Whitehorse and community associations to enhance trail networks.
Paolo was appointed by Premier Silver to be the Yukon government representative for the Pacific Northwest Economic Region, a non-profit economic policy advocacy group comprised of Canadian and American jurisdictions. He’s also currently a member of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts, the Standing Committee on Rules, Elections and Privileges, and the Standing Committee on Appointments to Major Government Boards and Committees.
Paolo has a background in tourism, sport management and community investment. He was the Marketing Manager for the Canada Winter Games in Whitehorse in 2007 and he worked on Hockey Day in Canada with Outside the Cube. Additionally, he promoted Yukon culture and tourism at Canada’s Northern House during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Since 2005, Paolo has been volunteering as the Communications Manager with Team Yukon, which represents the territory at multi-sport events throughout Canada and other northern countries.
Previous to being elected as an MLA, Paolo was the Community Investment Manager at Northwestel. There he managed sponsorship and investment portfolios that spanned all three territories in the areas of Indigenous culture, mental health and wellness, and youth initiatives. His entire career has centred on building relationships, cultivating trust and finding common ground across a spectrum of community, social and corporate interests.
Paolo’s hobbies centre on family activities, such as digital art projects and supporting the community pastimes his daughters are involved with. He also plays hockey and can often be found mountain biking and skiing at Mt. Sima.
Fun facts about Paolo:
- Gallina in Italian translates to “hen.” With Paolo’s Italian roots and four daughters, he’s truly living up to his name.
- The most fascinating destination Paolo has ever visited was Nuuk, Greenland, when he was there for the 2016 Arctic Winter Games. Polar bears are prevalent throughout Greenland and a snowboarding event was temporarily delayed at the Games to let one of these white giants pass through the race course and wander up to higher ground.
Paolo was first elected to the Yukon Legislative Assembly in the general election for the 34th Legislative Assembly on Nov. 7, 2016.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Paolo Gallina