“We know that COVID is not over just yet. We are seeing cases increase and restrictions tighten across Canada. We have come to far to jeopardize these efforts by irresponsibly lifting restrictions prematurely. We are all excited to be finished with this pandemic and a re-elected Liberal government will follow the Chief Medical Officer of Health’s recommendations to lift these restrictions as quickly as it is safe to do so.”
Sandy Silver, Yukon Liberal Party Leader and candidate for the Klondike
“Strong government-to-government relationships allowed us to coordinate closely with our First Nations and municipal partners to manage the pandemic and follow the recommendations of Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. We are leading the country with our vaccine rollout and are getting closer to being able to lift restrictions. Let’s keep going.”
Liberal candidate for Riverdale South Tracy-Anne McPhee
The Yukon Liberal government responded quickly and decisively to the pandemic. Our restrictions have kept Yukoners safe and our financial relief programs are the gold standard across Canada.
A Yukon Liberal government will also:
- Ensure that Yukon businesses have the assistance they need by continuing to provide these supports for as long as they are needed.
- Implement a comprehensive evidence-based rapid testing program for the Yukon. This will include increasing the use and availability of rapid antigen and molecular COVID-19 tests.
- Continue to work with the Chief Medical Officer of Health to actively re-evaluate the level of restrictions that are put in place to protect Yukoners from COVID-19.
- Work towards re-opening our borders safely to ensure that the Yukon’s tourism and visitor economy can return to normal as soon as possible.
- Work with First Nations, municipalities, the Legislative Assembly and the business community to improve the Civil Emergency Measures Act and the Public Health and Safety Act.
- Re-establish a Select Committee to review the Civil Emergency Measures Act to make sure the lessons we have learned during the pandemic will inform how we better address emergencies in the future.
- Offer regular emergency coordination training sessions with First Nations, municipal governments, and unincorporated communities to keep our collaborative approach going.
Premier Sandy Silver and his Liberal team also worked closely with our territorial, provincial and federal colleagues to ensure the Yukon had priority access to vaccines.
As of April 7, 69% of Yukoners have now been immunized and Yukon continues to lead the country in per capita vaccinations.
Building on its leadership over the past 13 months, a Yukon Liberal government will make sure the Yukon comes out of the pandemic stronger than ever.
On April 12, let’s keep going.
Do you like this post?