We must invest in the infrastructure of communities, to capitalize on their ambitions and develop their economies in a fiscally responsible manner.
A Yukon Liberal government will:
- support municipalities in the development of community plans and use those plans to inform the direction of community development;
- assist communities in developing “mining within municipality” policies that respect the needs of all residents, while providing certainty for land users and compensation, where appropriate, for miners;
- expand the existing campground infrastructure;
- support necessary investments in basic community infrastructure that is needed to support communities and industry, and
- reduce community reliance on diesel energy.
Do you like this post?