Improving educational outcomes is crucial to the future of our territory. Our schools will succeed if the community is invested in their success, if students are motivated to learn, and if parents and teachers have the supports they need in and out of the classroom.
A Yukon Liberal Government will:
- enhance education governance, in consultation with partners in education, by exploring the establishment of an additional school board(s);
- support the implementation of a student-centered, Yukon version of the revised B.C. K-12 curriculum that focuses on skills and experiential learning while maintaining academic standards and improving graduation rates;
- ensure that schools have the necessary resources (e.g. in-school social workers, psychologists) to facilitate health services work within all Yukon schools;
- support the First Nations Education Commission in their efforts to realize their vision for education;
- develop incentives and increase opportunities for teachers in rural Yukon to remain in and integrate with communities;
- review teacher hiring practices in conjunction with the Yukon Teachers’ Association, and
- work with the Commission Scolaire Francophone du Yukon, l’Association Franco-Yukonnaise, Yukon francophone families and Francophone and French immersion schools to plan for a new Francophone secondary school.
Do you like this post?